Pages

February 16, 2010

Off to the Northwoods

My dad and I are going to leave for northern Minnesota this Wednesday morning and will be gone through Sunday night giving us three full days of birding along Lake Superior's north shore and in the boreal forest that harbors many unusual bird species. This area has long been a popular birding destination and has drawn birders from far and wide. The photo above was taken last year on our winter trip there. I am going to try to see lifers such as Iceland Gull, Great Gray Owl, Spruce Grouse, and American Three-toed Woodpeckers since I missed those in 2009. On the way home I will try to get my lifer Varied Thrush and American Black Duck in Iowa. Another birder from where I live is coming up too so we will be able to go birding together. Make sure to check in on Monday of Tuesday next week for the story of my Northern Minnesota adventure.

5 comments:

FAB said...

Have a good trip Tucker and I'll look forward to hearing all about it soon. FAB.

Dawn Fine said...

Hope You see lots of Birds!
Looking forward to your posts!

Jo-Anne said...

Have a great trip!

troutbirder said...

Good luck on your northern adventure. Its was pretty good up there last week.

Le Ex said...

Cool photo!