Pages

December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

For my Christmas present I got a trip to Duluth, MN (as well as a 1-year membership to the Minnesota Ornithologist Union) in February 2008 and a dvd set called The Life of Birds which is hosted by David Attenborough. It is 10 hours long and goes through the life of birds (go figure!). I also got a video called Alone in the Wilderness which tells the story of Richard Proenneke. This Iowa native filmed himself making a log cabin and surviving in the Alaska wilderness year round. Although he is long gone this video tells it all. I also got another DVD that shows the wildlife and scenery that was in the area. A book was written about him and I got that as well.

It has been a great Christmas and I can't wait to watch my new videos and go on the trip!

No comments: