Pages

December 26, 2009

A Very White Christmas!

Twenty inches of snow and strong winds made Christmas 2009 one for the record books. The 8 inches that fell on Christmas day alone was the most that ever fell on Christmas day in Sioux City, IA. The three day snowfall total ended up putting this storm in the top 3 worst seen in Sioux City, IA ever. Combined with the other snowfall seen in December it was the snowiest on record with 30 inches of the white stuff.
The best present I received was the news that I am going to be an uncle next August!

2 comments:

Jann said...

Doesn't look any better here in S Dakota...at my husband's work there's 7-8 ft drifts and in one town they had 37 inches of snowfall as of this morning...blizzard won't pass until tomorrow! And it's only Dec.! Stay warm!!

Anonymous said...

Tucker,
I just stumbled across your blog this morning doing some research for work. Great stuff! I'll have to add you to my blog roll at my blog (www.midwestbushcraft.blogspot.com). How are things over in western IA?